Country Directors - Youth International Conclave - YIC
Youth International Conclave (YIC) is an organization committed to youth development programs. Established with aim of bringing potential youth across the globe and connect with each other in other fields such as cultural, technical, education learning platform, and business. YIC effort is to arrange various programs and generate various opportunities for them to fulfill the needs of today’s society and give society tomorrow’s leaders. Moreover, in implementing the vision of “Bridging youth leaders to the world”, YIC believes that every person deserves the opportunity to learn new things and generate the potential that is hidden in them. Thus, YIC always strives to organize for them as a strategic platform to establish and explore as well as become change makers to make the world a better place.
Our mission is to provide leadership platform to spread change and hope among the global youth.
YIC prepare and develop global youth to appreciate and respect the value of honesty, innovation, trust, creativity, trust and appreciation to their county and the world.
YIC prepare and inspire youths of the globe for construction engagement and empowerment for sustainable world in the service of humanity through volunteerism, advocacy, and cultural exchange in an atmosphere of value, respect, tolerance and mutual understanding
YIC have a devoted and enthusiastic team working selflessly and indefatigably working to make the world a better place. By joining us you will not only become a part of a unique group, but you will also have the following perks:
Trainings like entrepreneurship, leadership and development skills and much more
- Providing International Internships (Virtual)
- Meet new people and join the global community.
- Learn how to become a change maker and lead your own initiatives
- Improve your personality and skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide overall strategic leadership for the development of board YIC engagement with the county.
- Represent the YIC in all areas pertaining to the country programmer, including dialogue with the government, coordination with the other institutions and donors, and communication with the other outside parties.
- Undertake dialogue and build strong relationships with government and other policy stakeholder representing YIC.
- Example: the private sector, civil society, research institutions, and locally- based academics –to identify the priority policy issues which inform the YIC empowerment of youth and the development of the YIC’s engagement strategy within the given country.
- After formation and consultations with the in-country YIC Country Leadership Team, design and draft the country strategy plan, thereby establishing the strategic foundation for YIC work in-country, with the Country Director holding responsibility for programme delivery along with His/her team.
- Respond to emerging policy needs and help shape the policy agenda in the assigned country by reaching out to the YIC executive committee for guidance and encourage engagement with policy stakeholders on country level.
- Manage rapid response requests for policy and project advice in coordination with the country Leadership Team.
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work toward improving young people’s perception of youth development in the home country.
- Give appointment to active and talent young people as YIC Youth Ambassador in every city, state, district, college and university, who’ll make local chapter/branch and local committee.
- Help Young Professionals (YPs) reach their full potential in leadership development by being the voice of YIC and representing the Country members of the community at a national and global scale.
- Develop the youths skills, knowledge and attitude to take a leadership roles. Identify and try new approaches needed for growth of YIC in your country.
- Share ideas and insights at YIC’s events to bring a positive contribution on your respective home country, Motive other young fellows to be a change maker, Discover the youth voice and realize your ability, Identify own leadership strength on international level, Understand the importance of credibility and living fundamental values, Identify and try new approaches needed for growth, Bring an impact through your amazing work.
- Be part of one of World’s youth-led movements, a wide community of young leaders working towards sustainable development representing YIC.
- As the responsible budget holder for the given country, define and cost the country programme, including specifications regarding deliverable, staffing, budget and research-into youth empowerment strategy. This includes being ultimately responsible for:
- The development for an annual plan of activities to be carried out in-country, ensuring they are in line with the Country Strategy plan and its designated approval from the Youth International Conclave executive.
- Ensuring the budgeted spent to the country is achieved by the end of the fiscal year.
- Monitoring and reporting to YIC Executive committee through president of progress against the country annual plan of activities, on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the establishment of the YIC office in the country, including
- Establishing option for accommodation for the office.
- Contributing to due diligence enquiries with respect to the legal and other status of the YIC office in the country.
- Contributing to due diligence enquires with respect to contracting with third parties in the given country for the provision of services to the YIC.
- Further expected roles for an individual who may be interested in being a YIC Country Directors:
- You will be the first contact person for YIC in our country.
- You will identify areas of cooperation between YIC and your country/organizations in your country.
- You will be expected to recruit more members for the YIC membership and event.
- You will be a source for information for YIC newsletter and other publications.
- Benefits of becoming YIC country Director
- You will have first priority for all the information from YIC, for example job advert, International Conferences, scholarship opportunities and publications.
- In case YIC will be involved in any project and research undertaking relating to our country, all information from your country will go through you.
- Represent your home country at YIC’s international events and travel in different countries on behalf of YIC.
- You will hold the title of YIC Country Director in your country. This comes with a YIC email address. Your profile will be featured on YIC website and sent to all YIC email list that consist of 10,000 individual thus publicizing you in the global youth fraternity around the world.
- You will have free space for publicity of yourself and organization on our social media and website.
- Based on the output and performance, YIC will be willing to be your reference for a job opportunity or something else.
Search and connect with Potential Sponsors
Forward for the sponsorship proposal in your contacts and organizations in your area of presence and try to secure sponsorship for the YIC Conference, the percentage of the sponsorship secured would be given to those who would bring in Paid sponsors for over 3000 USD from this the YIC Country director will receive between 15% – 20% of the attracted sponsorship.
Remuneration of the country director for YIC confirmed paid delegates for YICMUN2020 will be $1 out of $5 in every paid delegate.
All the payments related to YIC and its subsidiary country projects shall be made to the central bank account and managed YIC executive committee in Pakistan and it’s from there that remuneration will be processed and sent to the country director’s account.
YIC Promotion Activities
Give a presentation, remarks, and speeches at the country level.
Liaison with the government and local authorities to promote YIC values, mission, and vision.
Develop a proactive marketing strategy to ensure that all entities are aware of YIC activities with the support of Communications Officer and other country team members.
Effectively engage in youth community activities, projects, and initiatives.
Actively engage in partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives.
Coordinate member organizations/Associations accreditation at YIC, through assist in connecting youth organizations with YIC for registration.
Maintain active communication among youth organizations and other interested agencies in at national level.
Report youth achievements, success stories, youth progressing and related news to press.
Provide annual report about YIC country activities, stats, member organizations.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Leadership, Advocacy, Engagement, and Influence.
Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
Eligibility to become YIC Director
- You must be a citizen and resident in your country or assigned country.
- You must be working or have worked for a recognized institution dealing in the area of Youth empowerment and leadership. Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
- You must provide an updated CV including your most recent colored photograph.
- You must have no criminal background and must present a certificate from a recognized institution in your country stating to your criminal background clearance.
- You must be at least a university undergraduate in any academic discipline.
- Only (a-b) age is accepted for this position.
- you must have the ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community, Effective oral and written communication skills, Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
- Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview